Walking, Eating, and More Walking: Akihabara

By Lani - 12:47:00 AM

Akihabara. Anime, games, crowds, and bright signs.


Game Taito Station (a Japanese game center) was very loud and bright. I think there were five floors or more of games, collectibles, and other things as well. However, I only explored the first two floors. There were so many claw machine games with cute prizes. Too bad pictures weren't allowed inside.
My mom and dad played a Taiko arcade game (Taiko no Tatsujin) which looked fun! I enjoyed watching them figure out how to play and their reactions once they got started. Hehe! I didn't play it because I was too embarrassed. ^^;; I had seen the game inside another arcade in Hawaii, but didn't try it either. Maybe I will now!

Gachaponnnn. The highlight of the night. Rows and rows of them lined an alleyway and each of them had something different inside. I spent over 2000 yen easily. Haha! I got a bunch of Attack on Titan pins and a few Free! ones as well. All my fangirl feels came out when I got the ones I wanted. <3


We also visited an anime department store with a bunch of anime, manga, figurines, and collectibles which was cool to walk through. (6 floors!) There were lots of cute/interesting nendoroids, but I didn't buy any. Then, we caught the subway back to the hotel for a good night of sleep.

Whew, writing about this day took forever. It was the most tiring day of the whole trip. (And the fullest day.) 12 hours of walking on the second day was intense, but it was worth it. Not sure I would do it again unless it was truly necessary though. Haha!

  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments