Shibuya + Shinjuku

By Lani - 3:00:00 PM


Shibuya!!! Right after stepping out of the station, we could see the Hachi statue surrounded by a crowd of people, tourists and locals combined. There were so many people walking around, I had to hold on to my dad's backpack to make sure we didn't get separated. I've seen the crosswalk in so many Japanese dramas and movies. It felt unreal to cross it myself. 
We stopped by the Seibu in the area and hit Piere Eerme, a French macaron place that my mother and I adore. The best macaron I've ever had. Drools... We got a variety of flavors, but my favorites were rose and jasmine. They were divine!


Before stopping at Shibuya 109, we went to eat at a 'fast food' udon place. It was yummy! You could choose from a variety of tempura and what type of udon you wanted. Definitely not like the fast food in America. Haha! I felt like I was going to explode after I ate. (So full!) 


Shibuya 109 bustling with girls and women of all ages. I was overwhelmed by all the people. The workers in the shop were shouting out their advertisements in a high pitch voice. Not an advertising strategy you'd see on the streets in America. I was shocked that they could yell so loudly. It pumped up the energy of all the people shopping. I didn't buy anything, because the prices were way above my price-range. (The clothes were cute though.) 

After fighting the crowd to leave 109, we headed off to Shinjuku. Every time we passed by Shinjuku on the subway, it was the most crowded stop. So, getting of there was a bit crazy. There were business men, students, men, women, all rushing in and out of the trains.
We made our way towards the government building to see the view and I immediately noticed that the area was more business-like and quiet compared to the shopping areas. The view from the government building was breathtaking and a bit shocking. Since I live in Hawaii, the ocean can be seen in all directions. But, from this building, all I could see was city going on for miles and miles.


It made me feel grateful that I get to see the ocean so often. <3



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments