Cat Cafe!

By Lani - 5:33:00 PM

Going to a cat cafe has been on my bucket list for a while now. And I finally got to go!

My dad had done research on where some cat cafes were in Tokyo. We decided to go to one called Calico Cat Cafe in Shinjuku. It was in a multi-story building and the cafe consisted of two floors. Before we saw any of the cats, we had to sanitize our hands, take off our shoes and jackets, and put our belongings that weren't needed in a locker.

Since I'm a major cat person, (and the fact that I was missing my kitties back home) it was nice and fun to see all the adorable cats sleeping, playing, or just lying around. There were a few specific ones that caught my eye. There was a really big cat that had a muzzle that resembled a lion. He/She had long fur that was amazingly soft. (Actually, all the cats had super soft fur. Maybe it's their shampoo.) And there was black one with round eyes and a sassy personality (in my opinion. Haha!) There was also a gray russian blue looking one. I'm not sure if I liked this one because he/she resembled my own cat, or what. Haha! (Sorry, Noa!) Lastly, there was one that's expression made him/her look like they were pissed off all the time.








There were many different people at the cafe, foreigners, locals, and regulars. It was interesting to see how each person bonded with the cats. There was one man in particular that piqued my interest. He looked at the cats with a happy glint in his eye. It was cute watching him interact with the cats.


We spent about 45 minutes there, chilling with the cats and reading manga. It was relaxing. Though I didn't play with or feed the cats, I still had a nice time. ^^ If I had the opportunity to go to another cat cafe, I would totally go!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments