Walking, Eating, and More Walking: Ameyoko Street

By Lani - 10:07:00 PM

Everywhere you look there's snacks, omiyage, shoes, and clothes.


I went to this street twice during my trip. Once on the second day and another time on our last day. I got a different experience each time. 
Countless amount of people looking around at all the intriguing items that are up for purchase. Ameyoko Street was so crowded that we had to be careful not to lose each other. There were various types of seafood that looked scary and different. There was also good priced clothes and shoes in almost every shop. 

scary looking crabs
We shopped for snacks to bring back with us for friends, as well as for ourselves. There were lots of rice crackers, chocolate, sakura flavored candies, and other things I didn't even know existed. The store was relatively tight to walk around in since there was a lot of people, so I didn't stay inside too long. 

I like this street a lot. It has a little bit of everything and it's nice to just walk around and browse through all the different products. I'd definitely recommend going to Ameyoko Street if you're planning on visiting the Tokyo area!

What's your favorite Japanese snack? 

Is it rice crackers, dried seafood, or something different?


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments