Rainy Day

By Lani - 12:10:00 AM

Rain, rain, go away. Please, you're making me soaked and cold.


It was a rainy day in Tokyo, and, man, it was pouring. I don't know what my mother and I were thinking; bringing one umbrella for my dad and only rain jackets for us. We learned our lesson.
Despite the rain, our adventure to Yoyogi Park and the Meiji Shrine was a nice escape from the city. They were both so serene. The crunch of our footsteps on the wet gravel was calming. I think it's strange that there is such a big expanse of forest in the middle of a bustling district. It seems so out of place.
The Meiji Shrine was very peaceful, even with all the tourists around. I got to throw in a 50yen coin and pray. There were many good luck charms that you could buy and the workers were dressed in traditional clothing. It definitely felt like I entered a different world.


After that mini escape, we walked the streets of Harajuku and went to eat lunch at Ootoya. My mom and I were cold and wet by the time we got there. (My rain jacket was dripping.) Ootoya was the perfect rest place for us. It was warm inside and the food we got was so delicious. It's a place we'd go back to. My mom got their oyakodonburi and my dad and I got the chicken cutlet and hot udon set. It was very satisfying and made me feel all warm inside.



Of course, since I love the cute toys/keychains that Japan has, we headed to Kiddy Land where the Rilakkuma Store is located. There were lots of kids and adults in the store. Being a tight store, I had to squeeze through people to get to the things I wanted. I bought some cute Rilakkuma phone charms.
I did notice, however, that the cuteness level and quality of their products has lowered over the years. I have adorable high quality pens that I bought from the same brand a few years ago, but, sadly, they don't sell them anymore. ;~;

We then headed off to get some dessert. The widely known crepe stuffed with cream, fruits, and other delicacies. There was a line of people waiting at the crepe place we stopped at, but it was worth the wait. The crepe was better than I expected, though there was a lot more cream then fruits. Haha! We devoured it quickly~~


It happened that there was a Calbee place right next to the crepe shop and my mom was curious about it. So, we went inside and bought a couple salty snacks to chase the sweet dessert we just had. We got these fried sticks that were "salad" flavored. They were kind of like french fries, but not really. Haha! Still yummy though. ^^


We walked to the end of the street and I saw lots of cosplay shops as well as other types of clothing. The rain was finally letting up (Thank goodness!) and we were getting tired. We decided to hop back on the subway and head to Ebisu to see what my mom and I have been wanting to see the most.

Ebisu Garden!!

To be continued...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments