New Experiences

By Lani - 11:15:00 PM

My time here in Maryland so far has been wonderful and inspiring. All the open green fields and farms that expand across the horizon, with the brick houses and cows sprinkled in the distance are so beautiful and new to me. Since I've been living in Hawaii for the past two and a half years, and lived in Southern California before that, I haven't been surrounded by forest greenery that much. And the last time I visited Maryland was over five years ago, so I don't remember much since I was a child then.

I've gotten to try a lot of new things as well as meet different people and experience things I wouldn't get to do back home. So far, I tried the fresh ice cream from Pregel's, visited an Amish farm, went to the Spring Homeschool Gala (I'll do a separate post on that), and explored Annapolis! All with my good friend, Demi. 

Pregel's "Sweet Treats"

I thought there was a noticeable difference between Pregel's ice cream and regular store bought ice cream. I tried their strawberry ice cream and it was delicious. It was so creamy and rich, not too sweet and not too bland, and you could tell they used fresh strawberries. 

On the way to...


..the Amish farm in Pennsylvania

One day, after getting our nails done for the Spring Gala, we spontaneously decided to go visit the Amish farm in Pennsylvania. I forgot how cool it was to be able to drive from state to state. The drive wasn't too long and it was worth it because we got to see baby goats (kids)! They were adorable. I even got to bottle feed one for a little bit! The farmer was really nice and he got everyone to participate in "goat kissing"! "Goat kissing" is where you put a cracker in your mouth and let the goat take it from your mouth (without touching you at all!). I was a bit nervous at first, but after I saw everyone else do it, I trusted the goat. Haha!


On Saturday, we spent the afternoon in Annapolis, the capital of Maryland. I thought the architecture in the city was cute and I noticed they use a lot of bricks for their buildings. We walked around and visited the U.S. Naval Academy. The view onto the harbor with all the sailboats was breathtaking.
Then, we went and got crab cakes for a late lunch / early dinner and, oh my goodness, it was delectable. Even though the ambiance got a little rowdy in the restaurant, because it was also a bar and the clubbing crowd came in surprisingly early, it was still enjoyable. Afterwards, we got ice cream from the place next door called Storm Bros. Ice Cream Factory. I got a soft serve vanilla and chocolate cone and I loved it! It was perfect because I was craving just that a few days prior. 

Now, I have one week left here in Maryland and I am determined to see and do even more things. But, I am so grateful to have been able to do all these things. 
Shout out to Demi and her mother for taking my mom and I around and letting us stay with them!
Thanks for reading! <3





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments