Hotcakes, Pancakes

By Lani - 12:30:00 PM


The famous pancake (or hotcake in Japan) that has circulated around the internet has made its way to my stomach. This beauty is located at West Aoyama Garden, near the National Art Center in Tokyo. I had promised a friend, and myself, that I would finally eat these pancakes. Honestly, it was the best pancake I've ever had in my life. It was thick, but very fluffy and light. I thought it had a great true pancake taste. I only needed the minimal amount of syrup on it to make it taste good. And I'm usually the type of person that will DRENCH their pancakes in syrup.

Address: 1-22-10 Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo

 

Happy Pancake is a chain restaurant/cafe that serves these gorgeous, souffle pancakes. I went to the location in Kichijoji which had a casual and friendly vibe. They have many different options to choose from ranging from the classic with caramel syrup to one with raspberry syrup. (Both pictured above) The butter on top is infused with Manuka Honey, giving it a sweet flavor. It was delicious and light and didn't leave me feeling overly stuffed!

Address: 301, Brick Pavilion Mall, 1-8-5 Kichijoji Honcho, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 

-

If you have the chance to visit these places while you're in Japan, I would highly recommend both of them! They are very different in style and taste despite the fact that they are both considered pancakes. On top of that, West Aoyama Garden has a classy setting with high-tea and calm, classical music, while Happy Pancake has a more comfortable, casual atmosphere.

If you've been to these places, let me know what you thought in the comments below!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments