ITADAKIMASU Series

By Lani - 12:30:00 PM


"ITADAKIMASU" is translated to "I humbly receive" and is a Japanese phrase that is said before eating a meal. I grew up using this statement before my meals as a way to appreciate my food. In a way, it made me excited for the meal in front of me. I'll be kicking off this series with all the different foods I ate while in Japan!

I've been to Japan before, but this trip felt like it was dedicated to food. Despite all the sightseeing we did, we were still able to fit in all of our meals and included so many snacks and street food when we could. I always felt a sense of joy when I tried new delicious food. This feeling inspired me to create this series and share that joy with all of you!

The first handful of posts will be dedicated to a certain food, place, or day of my trip. I'm so grateful that I rarely ever felt hungry on this trip and my heart was always as full as my stomach. I hope you all will look forward to the series and discover new foods through it! 

Thanks for reading!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments