Odaiba

By Lani - 3:16:00 PM

On our way to Odaiba, we stopped at Hama-rikyu Garden. It was a sunny day and the cherry blossoms were now in full bloom. The garden was full of flowers and green grass. This garden had a rest house where the shogun and the Imperial Court nobles used to enjoy a view of the area. It sits above a body of water which gives it a very serene look. Despite the dreamy surroundings, nothing moved me and I'm not sure why. Perhaps, it could have been the over-groomed garden in the center of towering skyscrapers or my own fatigue.


As we made our way out of the garden, we caught the Yurikamome train. The view from it was elating and freeing. The route was elevated, so you could see all the people and cars below you. It went underneath the Rainbow Bridge, therefore we got a unique view as we headed up to it. I'd love to go on it again someday.


My dad wanted to see the giant Gundam. There was a really wide bridge/path leading up to it and it was a lot nicer than I expected. Once we got there, a big crowd of families, tourists, and locals were surrounding the Gundam. You could even walk underneath it, which was really cool!


We decided on a whim to go to Oedo-Onsen Monogatari. My mom had been wanting to try the foot-bath with fish that eat the dead skin off your feet. It was perfect timing, because our feet were getting pretty worn out after all the walking the past few days. I was anxious about doing it though.
Before heading into the actual place, we had to get our yukatas. I was nervous and slightly confused about how to put it on. Thankfully, there were directions on the walls. Once we were dressed in our yukatas, we met up with my dad at the outdoor foot baths.
The fish therapy was an experience of a lifetime. The little fish were so cute! There was nothing to be anxious of at all. When they ate at my feet, I couldn't help but laugh because it tickled so much. It kind of felt like my foot had fallen asleep with a vibrating sensation. It was very fascinating. The fish swarmed my mom's feet. Haha!


After that relaxing foot bath, we explored the indoor area. (We didn't do any of the other spa treatments though.) The inside was like a big dark-wooded court, with different food places, arcades, and souvenir shops. It felt a lot like an indoor Japanese summer festival, without all the games and fireworks.
We got to eat a green tea ice cream cone and relax at one of the tables. There weren't any clocks around so we lost track of time easily. I had a really nice time there, it was definitely an experience I won't forget and I'd love to go again someday. ^^

We left the place and noticed it was already dark outside. O: (Time flies when you're having fun~ Haha!) It was still somewhat early (7pm-ish) and my mom wanted to go see the Statue of Liberty and the view of the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Tower. The area where you could see the statue was super windy and I was very cold. It was a beautiful and unique night view, too bad the whipping cold wind took some of the pleasure out of the awe. Haha!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments