Dermographism

By Lani - 9:00:00 AM

-

Dermographism, or "skin writing", is a skin condition that causes the skin to swell when scratched or irritated. It is a common type of hives that doesn't itch in normal cases. It's considered a common type of hives, but it only affects two to five percent of the population.

Dermographism is something that I've been living with for almost as long as I can remember. As I mentioned in my video, I didn't learn about what it was until I was around 12 years old. If it wasn't for the few people that posted videos on it and showed their own symptoms, I wouldn't have figured out what it was. That is what motivated me to made this post/video. I know I didn't show my symptoms (I forgot to, to be completely honest) but I hope that the links below will be enough. To the people that don't have this condition, it's not as scary as it looks! 

From what I know, the true cause of dermographism is still unknown. I've never tried to treat my dermographism and have just been living with it as a normal part of my life. I try my best not to scratch my skin too hard. I also wear comfortable clothes, nothing with rough fabrics/designs like sequences or beads. 

If you'd like to learn more about it, check out the following links! 


Thanks for reading!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments