The Last Night

By Lani - 5:23:00 PM

Since we'd been procrastinating on eating yakitori (grilled chicken on a stick), we decided it was finally time to go try. We wandered through Ameyoko Street, enjoying the cheap shopping and the sight of street food. We stumbled upon a yakitori place that felt right for us. 
One thing that was different from other restaurants was that you have to pay upfront. The waiter was very patient with us as we tried to figure out what things were. We tried all the chicken parts and they were so delicious. Though, since I'm not a big meat fan, I got takoyaki (octopus dumplings) and potato salad, which were just as good. 
pc: my mother
pc: my mother
 My mother needed to walk her beer off, so we strolled the street some more and found a place that made fresh bean desserts. We could watch it being made by a machine through the glass window. It was really cool to see. They were really yummy too. I would totally get them again!


Then, we headed back to Shinokubo and decided to go for a second round of dessert. We tried this tubular coned ice cream at a Korean cafe that was right down the street from our hotel. It was really tasty. It reminded me of frosted flakes cereal with milk. If only they had something similar here in Hawaii. Haha!




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments