Walking, Eating, and More Walking: Asakusa

By Lani - 8:02:00 AM

view of Asakusa from tourist center
Asakusa was really nice! It was worth getting confused at the station on the way there. When I stepped out of the station, I immediately thought that it felt more antique compared to the other modern districts. The sun was shining and the sakura flowers (cherry blossoms) were just starting to bloom. It was all stunning and new. The Sumida river lined with lush sakura trees was so pretty. Especially with the view of the Skytree tower. 


I was finally able to fulfill my craving for sushi. We went to Sushizanmai Asakusa Kaminarimon that my dad had heard about. And man, oh, man, the sushi there was exquisite. The fish was very smooth in texture and rich in flavor. I barely had to put shoyu (soy sauce) on it!


After that very pleasurable meal, we decided to go visit the Sensoji temple. Even though it was very crowded, the walk down Nakamise Dori was fun and exciting. There were different types of small shops throughout the whole street. I got to try a lot of new foods like Japanese ice cream sandwiches, freshly made rice crackers, and fried mochi. All of which were scrumptious!



The Sensoji temple is such a beautiful bright red. Just like the gates leading up to it. The crowd flowing in and out of the temple was slightly intimidating so I didn't go inside the temple. But, I was still satisfied just by looking at its remarkable stature. I also thought it was cool to see the temple in person after seeing so many photos and videos of it. I am very thankful that I'm getting to see all these new places.


I'll leave it at that for now, but this day is far from over. There is still so much I have to say! Let's call this part one and I will continue on in the next post. I hope you are enjoying reading my blog as I enjoy writing it! So, as cliche as this might sound...

 to be continued... 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments